WIP Wednesday: Spinning and Stuff

 
I missed blogging last week so there are lots of WIPs this week :D.  For starters I ordered 4oz of cheviot roving and a spindle and started spinning my first fiber.  So far I have spun 2 (2oz) strands and I've started plying them together.  Good thing I'm only doing two ply because my yarn is measuring between a worsted and super bulky weight. 

 
Here's a close up of the yarn so you can see it in all its wonkiness.  I have to say I love it with all its imperfections because its progess.  It can only get better from here.

 
This is the first few rounds of a barefoot sandal pattern that you can find here.  I'm using thicker thread than whats recommended so its coming out a little larger but I'm still enjoying how its turning out.  Plus I'm adding beads to it, you can't really tell in the photo, but they catch the light really well.

 
This is the progress for my hoop for the Hoopla-a-long going on on craftster.  The theme was 10 so I'm doing a Halloween bridal picture I sketched up that has my anniversary date on it since October is the 10th month (and my favorite)  <3

And this blanket has been sleeping forever!  I need to finish it by Christmas since its a gift.  I have all of the large snowflakes made so I'm in the progress of joining them in the last round.  I know this will be one project that will be hard to give away...its beautiful.  You can find the free pattern here.

 
And the cross stitch snowman!  Slow and steady but I'm making progress.  Curse you cross stitch, why are you so slow?  Well hope your WIPs are coming up nicely.  Happy crafting!

Comments