Finished Object Friday: Mixtro, Flannel with Crochet Border, Right Summer Sandal, and Block #1

 
This week has been a lot of fun!  I'm so happy with the way Mixtro and the crocheted border on fleece for a receiving blanket!  These are two gifts going into a baby shower gift for a friend of mine.  I'm pleased with the outcome and I think she will be too.




 Mixtro is a FreshStitches pattern available free here.  The bow pattern I used is also free and can be found here.  The crochet edging is a tutorial that can be found here.  I skipped the sewing part and used a small metal crochet hook to poke my holes to make a little more give for the E hook to go through.  Since I didn't sew a blanket stitch I just sc, ch1, sc, around around so when it came time to add the shells I sc, sk ch, 5 dc in next sc, sk ch around.  Poking all those holes was annoying so I bought a leather puncher online that has many different sized holes.  It hasn't come in yet but I'm excited to try it!

 
I've been wanting this pattern for a little while now!  I finally splurged and bought it.  I'm not sure if you can really call it a finished object when only the right shoe is done but here it is anyways!  I used cotton for the main parts of the shoe, but acrylic for the flower.  I can't wait to play around with some color schemes and add these bad boys to my shop.  This pattern is not free but if you like it you can find it here.


 
And this is probably the finished object of the week that I am THE MOST proud of.  I completed the first block out of 12 from Building Blocks by Michelle Hunter of Knit Purl Hunter.  The pattern only uses knits and purls but it is so complicated that it is easy to lose your place.  That caused me to be able to recognize my stitches better just as the book intended.  I'm so glad I restarted this after I realized that I was knitting through the back loop on accident.  This is only my second knitted FO and I'm so proud of myself :)
 
 
 


Comments